BODY MASS INDEX
Who Is Dr. Bora Koc?
Specializing in general surgery, metabolic surgery and bariatric surgery, Assoc. Dr. Bora Koç helps patients around the world lose weight today.
Patients from Turkey, Australia, United States of America, Great Britain, United Arab Emirates and many other countries who are facing the problem of obesity and want to solve this problem with a surgical operation, Assoc. Dr. It can benefit from the expertise of Bora Koç.
According to the report of the World Health Organization, if you have tried different methods for obesity, which is one of the most important health problems in the world, and you have not been successful, you can consider the option of surgical operation. As a specialist surgeon, Assoc. Dr. You can choose Bora Koç. Today, Assoc. Dr. Bora Koç is one of the specialist doctors in the field of weight loss surgery that you can choose.
Below, Assoc. Dr. You can access Bora Koç’s biography, the institutions he worked for, and the scientific articles he wrote.
GENERAL SURGERY ASSOCIATION
OKMEYDANI TRAINING AND RESEARCH HOSPITAL SURGERY EXPERTISE 2006-2011
ISTANBUL FACULTY OF MEDICINE 1999-2006
ISTANBUL VATAN ANATOLIAN HIGH SCHOOL 1992-1999
Specialization Thesis Title (Abstract attached) and Thesis Advisor:
With laparoscopic bile duct exploration in the treatment of bile duct stones
Comparison of ERCP
Thesis Advisor: Assoc. Gokhan Tolga Adas
Medicana Hospital – Obesity and Metabolic Surgery 2022
Kolan International Hospital – Obesity and Metabolic Surgery 2017-2022 Okmeydanı Training and Research Hospital-Deputy Chief Physician 2015-2017
Baskent University Istanbul Practice Hospital-General Surgery 2013-2015
Okmeydanı Training and Research Hospital- General Surgery Specialist 2011-2013
Silivri Penitentiary Institution State Hospital- General Surgery Specialist 2011-2013
Volenter Medical Program:
Heidelberg University, HPB surgery March-August 2010
UCLA Center for Obesity and Metabolic Health April-July 2011
Duties Performed in Projects:
Low Molecular Weight Heparin Phase 3 study 2008-2010
Memberships to Scientific Organizations:
Turkish Surgery Association
Turkish Surgery Association Assistant Representative 2010-2011
Istanbul Medical Chamber
Global Researcher Award -SAGES Baltimore-2013
(Comparison of Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration and ERCP/S+LC for Choledocholithiasis: a prospective randomized study)
Top ranking international award –SAGES San Antonio-2011
(Different therapeutic modalities for common bile duct and gallbladder stones)
A. Articles Published in International Journals:
1. Koc B, Bircan HY, Adas G, Bone O, Akcakaya A, Yavuz A, Karahan S. Complications following endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: Minimally invasive recommendations. Plos One. 9(11):e113073. Doi:10.137/journel.pone.0113073.
2. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Bone O. Obese Patients After Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding Complications and The Influence on Body Mass Index and Comorbidities. Hepato-Gastroenterology 2014; 61:00-00 doi 10.5754/hge14032.
3. Koc B, Adas G, Karahan S. Use of laparoscopic common bile duct exploration for failed endoscopic bile duct stone extractions. Minerva Chir. 2014 Aug;69(4):209-15.
4. Adas G, Koc B, Adas M, Duruksu G, Subasi C, Bone O, Bone A, Sakiz D, Kalayci M, Purisa S. Effects of mesenchymal stem cells and VEGF on liver regeneration following major resection. Langenbecks Arch Surg. DOI 10.1007/s00423-016-1380-9.
5. Akcakaya A, Koc B, Erozgen F, Memmi N, Hot S, Yıldız MK, Gucin Z, Adas G, Bone O. Unpredictable behavior of breast phyllodes tumors. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences. 2014;18:2655-2661.
6. Adas M, Adas G, Koc B, Ozulker F. Incidental thyroid lesions on FDG-PET/CT a prevalence study and propositions of management. Minerva Endocrinol. 2015;40:169-75.
7. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Guven H, Ozsoy A. Comparison of Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration and ERCP/S+LC for Choledocholithiasis: a prospective randomized study. Am J Surg.2013 Jul 17. Doi:10.1016/j.amjsurg.2013.02.004.
8. Koc B, Tutal F, Urumdas M, Ozkurt Y, Erus T, Yavuz A, Bone O. The Preliminary Experience in the EmergencY Department of a Newly Opened Penitentiary Institution Hospital in Turkey
9. Bircan HY, Koc B, AkarSu C, Demiralay E, Demirag A, Adas M, Alis H, Bone O. Is Hashimoto’s thyroiditis a prognostic factor for thyroid papillary microcarcinoma? European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences. 2014; 18: 1910-1915.
10. Akcakaya A, Koc B, Adas G, Bone O. The use of ERCP during pregnancy: is it safe and effective. Hepatogastroenterology. 2014 Mar-Apr;61(130):296-8.
11. Adas G, Adas M, Arikan S, Sarvan AK, Toklu AS, Mert S, Barut G, Kamali S, Koc B, Tutal F. Effect of growth hormone, hyperbaric oxygen and combined therapy on the gastric serosa. World J Gastroenterol 2013 May 21; 19(19).
12. Guven H, Koc B, Saglam F, Bayram IA, Adas G. Emergency right hemicolectomy for inflammatory cecal masses mimicking acute appendicitis. World J Emerg Surg. 2014;9:7.
13. Sahin G, Adas G, Koc B, Akcakaya A, Dogan Y, Goksel S, Yalcın O. Is Cervical Inlet Patch Important Clinical Problem? Int J Biomed Sci. Int J Biomed Sci. 2014 Jun;10(2):129-35.
14. Koc B, Bircan HY, Altaner S, Cinar O, Ozcelik U, Yavuz A, Bone O. Massive alimentary tract bleeding due to cytomegalovirus infection in an elderly patient. Infectious Disease Reports 2014; 6:5512.
15. Adas G, Bone A, Adas M, Koc B, Gurbuz E, Akcakaya A, Karahan S. Metabolic and Inflammatory Response after ERCP. Int J Biomed Sci. 2013;9:237-42.
16. Guven H, Karahan SR, Koc B, Erdogu V, Ozsoy A, Adas GT, Bayram O. Minimally Invasive 3-Field Esophagectomy With Cervical Single-port Access. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2014 Apr 12;24:4 151-154.
17. Bircan H, Koc B, Ozcelik U, Demirag A. Jejunal torsion around the right ureter presenting as postoperative bowel obstruction: a case report. JMed Case Rep. 2014 Jun 19;8(1):209.
18. Adas G, Kocatas A, Koc B, Arikan S,
Kalaycı M, Gurbuz E, Alıs H, Krahan S, Celik S, Kemik O. Management of Postoperative Biliary Fistula After Hydatid Liver Surgery: Are There Any Differences between Localizations? J Res Development 2016, 4:1.
19. Bircan H, Koc B, Ozcelik U, Kemik O, Demirag A. Laparoscopic Treatment of Gallstone Ileus: A Case Report. Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports. 2014:7.
20. Inal A, Koc B, Bircan HY, Ogan E, Yavuz A, Kemik O. The effects of aging on lymphocyte subgroups for male and female gender. Med Sci Monit Basic Res. 2014 Jul 12;20:93-6.
21. Unal O, Karatepe O, Ugurlucan M, Koc B, Filizcan U, Aksoy M. Effects of lower extremity revascularization on the endothelial functions measured with noninvasive brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation. Ann Vasc Surg. 2011 Oct;25(7):969-74.
22. Adas M, Koc B, Adas G, Yalcın O, Celik S, Kemik O. Pitfalls in the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma: A case series and review of the literature. Journal of Epidemiological Research. 2016;2:2.
23. Adas M, Koc B, Adas G, Ozulker F, Aydin T. Ganglioneuroma presenting as an adrenal incidentaloma: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2014 Apr 29;8(1):131. doi: 10.1186/1752-1947-8-131.
24. Adas M, Ozulker F, Adas G, Koc B, Ozulker T, Sahin IM. A rare adrenal incidentaloma: adrenal schwannoma. Case Rep Gastroenterol. 2013;7:420-7.
25. Unal O, Karatepe O, Ugurlucan M, Koc B, Filizcan U, Aksoy M. Effects of lower extremity revascularization on the endothelial functions measured with noninvasive brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation. Ann Vasc Surg. 2011 Oct;25(7):969-74.
26. Bircan HY, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Kemik O, Demirag A. Cutaneous Necrosis As a Result of Isosulphane Blue Injection in Mammarian Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping: Report of Two Cases. Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports 2014;7:79-81.
27. Bircan HY, Inal A, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Demirag A, Kemik O, Moray G. LigaSure® versus Clamp Tie Technique for Thyroid Surgery; Decreased Operative Time versus Increased Inflammatory Effect: a prospective randomized study. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2014 Jul;18(14):1997-2005.
28. Karatepe O, Eken I, Acet E, Unal O, Mert M, Koc B, Karahan S, Filizcan U, Ugurlucan M, Aksoy M. Vacuum assisted closure improves the quality of life in patients with diabetic foot. Acta Chir Belg. 2011 Sep-Oct;111(5):298-302.
29. Ozbek E, Adas G, Otunctemur A, Duruksu G, Koc B, Polat EC, Kemik A, Okcu A, Kamalı G, Subası C, Karaoz E. Role of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Transfected With Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in Maintaining Renal Structure and Function in Rats with Unilateral Ureteral Obstruction. Experimental and Clinical Transplantation (2015) 3: 262-272.
30. Bircan HY, Koc B, Ozcelik U, Adas G, Karahan S, Demirag A. Are there any differences between age groups regarding colorectal surgery in elderly patients? BMC Surg. 2014 Jul 15;14(1):44. doi: 10.1186/1471-2482-14-44.
B- Posters and Oral Presentations Published in International Congresses:
1. Karahan S, Adas G, Koc B, Karatepe O, Battal M, Ozsoy A. Different therapeutic modalities for common bilier duct and the gallbladder stones (A prospective Randomised Study)- SAGES 2011-Poster 383
2. Adas G, Dolay K, Koc B, Tutal F, Akcakaya A, Geldigitti T, Karahan S, Turgut N. Treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts under eus guidance ESS 2012- Poster 516
3. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Ozsoy A, Geldigitti T. Obese Patients After Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding Complications and The Influence on Body Mass Index and Comorbidities. ESS 2012- Poster 597
4. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Ozosy A. Is LCBDE a savior for failed endoscopic bile duct stone extraction. SAGES 2013-Poster 343
5. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Ozosy A, Tutal F. Comparison of laparoscopic common bile duct exploration and ERCP/S LC for choledocholithiasis: A prospective randomized study. SAGES 2013-Poster 342
6. Adas G, Kemik A, Adas M, Koc B, Gurbuz E, Karahan S. Metabolic and inflammatory responses after ERCP procedure as a Minor Surgery. SAGES 2013-Poster 341
7. Koc B. Preoperative clinical predictors of choledocholithiasis compared to radiological imaging. SAGES 2013-Poster 340
8. Ozcelik U, Cevik H, Bircan HY, Koc B, Isıklar I, Demirag A, Moray G. Evaluation of transplanted kıdneys with diffusion-weighted MR imaging: Initial experience. 14.congress of the Middle east society for organ transplantation- Oral Presentation 133
9. Ozcelik U, Bircan HY, Koc B, Demirag A, Cevik H. Correlation of reduction of bone mineral density (BMD) with calcium, vitamin D and PTH levels in renal transplant recipients. 14.congress of the Middle east society for organ transplantation- Poster 23
10. Ozcelik U, Bircan HY, Koc B, Demirag A, Cevik H. Use of biological prosthesis in kidney/pancreas transplant patient with a giant incisional hernia: case report. 14.congress of the Middle east society for organ transplantation- Poster 26
11. Inal A, Ozcelik U, Kulah E, Bircan HY, Koc B, Acar NO, Demirag A. Evaluation of grant rejection risk of renal transplant recipients at the postop
erative first year in our institution. 14.congress of the Middle east society for organ transplantation- Poster 31
12. Bircan HY, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Aras M, Okutur D, Demirag A. Development of an information model for kidney transplant waiting list. 14.congress of the Middle east society for organ transplantation- Poster 72
13. Adas M, Adas G, Koc B, Ozulker F. Two uncommon adrenal incidentalomas. 16.European Congress of Endocrinology 2014- Poster 14
D-Articles Published in National Journals:
1- Karahan S, Koc B. Biliary Tract Injuries: Anatomy, Definition, Incidence and Classification. Turkiye Klinikleri J Gen Surg-Special Topics 2014;7(1):1-6.
2- Akcakaya A, Koc B, Ferhatoglu F. Thyroid Anatomy and Surgical Approach. Okmeydanı Journal of Medicine. 2012;28(supp)::1-9.
3- Koc B, Karatepe O, Unal O, Karahan S, Aksoy M. Posthospital pulmonary embolism study in prophylaxis patients: Retrospective Clinical Study. Bakırköy Medical Journal 2011;7(1):17-19.
4- Adas G, Koc B. Mesenchymal stem cell applications in surgery. Turkiye Klinikleri J Hematol-Special Topics 2014;7(4):86-91.
5- Koc B, Tutal F, Karahan S, Adas G, Arslan U. A rare cause of intestinal obstruction in elderly patients: Gallstone ileus. Journal of Colon Rectum Diseases 2013;23(1):55-58.
6- Koc B, Arslan U, Beyaz Y, Karahan S, Bayram O. A rare cause of acute abdomen: Gallbladder Torsion. Okmeydanı Medical Journal 2015;31(1):39-41.
7- Gurbuz E, Adas G, Arslan A, Altıok M, Koc B, Karahan S, Karatepe O. The Role of ERCP in Acute Biliary Pancreatitis 2011;27:33-35.
8- Karatepe O, Adas G, Koc B, Geldigitti T, Battal M, Arslan A, Çelik V, Küçük M, Karahan S. Basilic vein transposition results in hemodialysis patients. Okmeydanı Medical Journal 2011;27:12-15.
9- Battal M, Support S, Gulluoglu M, Karatepe O, Koc B, Gulcicek OB. Malignant Melanoma of the Gallbladder: A Case Report. Bakırköy Medical Journal 2009; 5:166-169.
E- Posters and Oral Presentations Published in National Congresses:
1. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Ozsoy A, Geldigitti T. Comparison of laparoscopic common bile duct exploration and ERCP in the treatment of bile duct stones Endoscopic laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery congress 2012 Oral presentation-5
2. Koc B, Karahan S, Tutal F, Adas G, Ozsoy A, Geldigitti T. Can laparoscopic bile duct exploration be a savior if ERCP fails? Endoscopic laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery congress 2012 Oral presentation-39
3. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Ozsoy A, Beyaz Y. What should our route be in laparoscopic bile duct exploration? Endoscopic laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery congress 2012 Video presentation-79
4. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Geldigitti T. Ozsoy A. Which Choledoscope; Rigid? flexible? Endoscopic laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery congress 2012 poster presentation-97
5. Koc B, Karahan S, Adas G, Tutal F, Yagcı T. Our experience of biliary tract injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Endoscopic laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery congress 2012 poster presentation-100
6. Demirag A, Ozcelik U, Bircan HY, Koc B, Eren E, Cevik H. Biological patch use in kidney-pancreas transplant patient with giant incisional hernia: case report 19th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-987
7. Demirag A, Bircan HY, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Demiralay E. Incidence and histopathological behavior of incidental thyroid papillary microcarcinoma 19th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-307
8. Bircan HY, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Okutur D, Moray G, Haberal M, Demirag A. Software program developed for cadaver waiting list 19th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-33
9. Bircan HY, Koc B, Ozcelik U, Demirag A, Moray G. Late complication of radical hysterectomy: mechanical obstruction and jejunal perforation as a result of torsion of the right ureter jejunum 19th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-170
10. Bircan HY, İnal A, Ozcelik U, Koc B, Demirag A, Moray G. Prospective randomized comparison of ligasure small jaw instrument and traditional clamp-clamping technique in terms of postoperative complications, local and systemic inflammation in thyroid surgery 19th National Surgery Congress oral presentation -434
11. Kose E, Aydın MC, Koc B, Gokceimam ME, Dogan Y. Risk assessment of anastomosis near ileocecal valve: Case report 20th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-685
12. Kose E, Gurbuz ME, Gokceimam ME, Koc B, Ozsoy A. Stent placement in the ERCP and pancreatic duct in a patient with situs inversus totalis: Case report 20th National Surgery Congress poster presentation-920
13. Aydın MC, Kose E, Koc B, Baz T, Karahan S. Hepatic Echinococcus alveolaris, Right Heapatectomy and partial vena cava resection 20. National Surgery Congress poster presentation-920